There have been many Eucharistic Miracles. They are supernatural reminders that Jesus was serious when He told us that He is “The Bread of Life“. Later, at the Last Supper, when Jesus said, “This is My Body”, He meant it literally! This has been the belief and teaching of the Church since it began in 33 AD.
The first Eucharistic Miracle is the most amazing of them all! In the 8th Century, a Basilian monk was saying Mass. He found it hard to believe that the Eucharist was the true Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ. After the consecration of the bread and wine, the host became limp and turned into Flesh, and the wine was changed into Blood! The Blood coagulated into five globules, irregular and differing in shape and size – but, further analysis revealed that each globule weighed exactly the same!
That was 1300 years ago. Today, that Miraculous Flesh and Blood of Christ are kept in a reliquary in a Catholic church in Lanciano, Italy. They STILL have not decomposed!
In the 1970s, a series of scientific tests were performed on the fleshy Host and the coagulated Blood. Here is what scientific investigations discovered:
1. The Flesh is real Flesh. The Blood is real Blood.
2. The Flesh and the Blood belong to the human species.
3. The Flesh consists of the muscular tissue of the heart.
4. In the Flesh we see present in section: the myocardium, the endocardium, the vagus nerve and also the left ventricle of the heart for the large thickness of the myocardium.
5. The Flesh is a “HEART” complete in its essential structure.
6. The Flesh and the Blood have the same blood-type: AB (Blood-type identical to that which Prof. Baima Bollone uncovered in the Holy Shroud of Turin).
7. In the Blood there were found proteins in the same normal proportions (percentage-wise) as are found in the sero-proteic make-up of the fresh normal blood.
8. In the Blood there were also found these minerals: chlorides, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium.
9. The preservation of the Flesh and of the Blood, which were left in their natural state for twelve centuries and exposed to the action of atmospheric and biological agents, remains an extraordinary phenomenon.
To reasonable people, believers and non-believers, this is irrefutable evidence that the Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano is AUTHENTIC. Yet, there are those who claim it is a hoax and a conspiracy. Really??? Who can fathom an ongoing 1300 year hoax that would entail switching out the “old” elements with new ones every week or so? There are those who deny the evidence that the Flesh is cardiac tissue, as scientifically verified by in depth examination.
My question is, “Why doesn’t the whole world know about this?!?”
Here is a link to more details: The Miracle of Lanciano, by Fr. William Saunders