A MASS FOR PEACE
In the Third Millennium
… is an inspired musical work that will touch your heart and move you closer to Christ through the sacred liturgy of the Tridentine Latin Mass. With its unique focus on the liturgy, composer Dr. John W. Vitz has created a moving spiritual experience that is exhilarating, exalted, and prayerful.
Live performances of A Mass for Peace have been received with triumphant ovations, and the work has received worldwide attention. Read a review of the World Premier performance here.
John Kendall Bailey conducts the orchestra and chorus in a performance to remember!
Be renewed with this “heavenly” experience of the Mass. The CD includes a FREE booklet containing the Latin words and English translations for all of the music, personal notes by the composer that reveal the inspiration, and the “miracles” along the way as he created this work! Also, you will read the intriguing story about the CD cover art and its creator, Frederich Hart. For those who would like to learn more about the Mass, there is a brief tutorial that explains the liturgy as it relates to each prayer / song. [The booklet applies to purchase of the CD. Not available with the MP3 album]
Music Track Samples
- Overture - Orchestra
- Veni, Sanctificatur - A prayer before Mass
- Et Introibo ad Altare Dei - The Mass begins
- Spera in Deo - Trust in God
- Confiteor - I confess to Almighty God
- Misereatur - Be merciful, O Lord
- Kyrie - Lord, have mercy. Christ, have mercy.
- Gloria - Glory to God!
- Alleluia - Let us worship together
- Credo - I am a believer
- Offerimus - Blessing the offering
- Suscipe - Accept our sacrifice, O Lord
- Orate Fratres - Pray brethren
- Sanctus - Holy. Holy. Holy.
- Consecration - This is My Body
- Consecration of the Wine - This is My Blood
- Nobis Quoque Peccatoribus - We are sinners
- The Great Amen - So be it!
- Pater Noster - The Lord's Prayer
- Pax Vobiscum / Agnus Dei - Peace be with you / Lamb of God have mercy
- Ecce Agnus Dei - Behold, the Lamb of God!
- Sacred Heart of Jesus - Prayer after Communion
- Go, and Serve the Lord! - Dismissal
The Mystery of faith
Once you understand the sacred liturgy of the Mass, the Bible comes alive – literally! The Mass is a commemoration of the once-for-all sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and an ongoing reminder of the New and Everlasting Covenant that Jesus promised at The Last Supper. Catholic Churches around the world celebrate Mass every hour of every day because Jesus said, “Do this in memory of Me.” What actually occurs at each Mass is a Mystery of Faith.
Dr. Vitz has taken all of the music from the Mass For Peace CD, and has combined it with images that add a deeper dimension to the music. This 3 part VIDEO album (below) may help you better understand the splendor of the Mass.
The album is called “THE MYSTERY OF FAITH” … and it is FREE!
For a richer experience, watch Full Screen with Ear Buds or Headphones.