A MASS FOR PEACEIn the Third Millennium
This is an inspired musical work that will touch your heart and lead you closer to Christ through the sacred liturgy of the Tridentine Latin Mass. With his unique, heartfelt focus on the liturgy, composer Dr. John W. Vitz has created a moving spiritual experience that is exhilarating, exalted, and prayerful.
The CD includes a FREE booklet containing the Latin words and complete English translation, personal notes and the intriguing story about the CD cover art and its creator, Frederich Hart.
John Kendall Bailey conducts the orchestra and chorus in a performance to remember!
The Mystery of Faith
The very first Mass was offered by Jesus Christ, Himself — at The Last Supper. Jesus, as the High Priest, consecrated bread and wine into His Body and Blood as a remembrance of “The New and Everlasting Covenant” between God and Humanity. Part 1 (below) explains “The Mystery of Faith” in greater detail.
For a richer experience, watch Full Screen with Ear Buds or Headphones.
The entire Mass for Peace score.
From the finale of the World Premier — LIVE!
Sound quality, poor. Audience reaction, incredible!
The Concert for Peace and Humanity
Live performances, on September 12, 2004, at St. Joseph the Worker Church, in Berkeley CA, and on October 23, 2005, at the Paramount Theater, Oakland CA, were received with triumphant ovations, and the work has received worldwide attention.
Both concerts were performed by the Oakland East Bay Symphony and a 90 voice Chorus, conducted by the late Maestro Michael Morgan.
Here is a review of the 2004, World Premier, concert.
Music Track Samples
- Overture - Orchestra
- Veni, Sanctificatur - A prayer before Mass
- Et Introibo ad Altare Dei - The Mass begins
- Spera in Deo - Trust in God
- Confiteor - I confess to Almighty God
- Misereatur - Be merciful, O Lord
- Kyrie - Lord, have mercy. Christ, have mercy.
- Gloria - Glory to God!
- Alleluia - Let us worship together
- Credo - I am a believer
- Offerimus - Blessing the offering
- Suscipe - Accept our sacrifice, O Lord
- Orate Fratres - Pray brethren
- Sanctus - Holy. Holy. Holy.
- Consecration - This is My Body
- Consecration of the Wine - This is My Blood
- Nobis Quoque Peccatoribus - We are sinners
- The Great Amen - So be it!
- Pater Noster - The Lord's Prayer
- Pax Vobiscum / Agnus Dei - Peace be with you / Lamb of God have mercy
- Ecce Agnus Dei - Behold, the Lamb of God!
- Sacred Heart of Jesus - Prayer after Communion
- Go, and Serve the Lord! - Dismissal